I figure since I will be downing (at least) one cup of coffee in the morning I may as well up its nutritional value and flavor. One of the best tricks I learned from my pals at Prescribe Nutrition is to add coconut oil & collagen to my coffee. I call it Fat Coffee. Once my coffee is brewed I put it in my magic bullet blender, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and 2 tbs Great Lakes collagen. Blend for 3 seconds and done! Adding these two ingredients not only adds lots of flavor, but they also pack a nutritional punch. Just think, you’re getting a healthy boost for your hair, skin + nails and nourishing your digestive system all while drinking your morning cup of motivation. Multitasking at its FINEST!
It's a new dawn...it's a new day...it's a new liiiife for me and I'm feeling good!
There are products out there that need their own little shout out. So here we are. I’m here to give you the dish on the skin care products that rock my world. No, these posts are not sponsored. This is real, untainted opinions that come from experience and straight up old fashioned judgement.
Without further adieu I introduce the honoree for today... *drum roll*
Brand New Day by One Love Organics
Brand New Day 3 Ways
For a hydrating mask
mix equal parts powder and raw honey. apply to damp skin, and leave on for 10-15 mins.
mix equal parts powder and water. apply to damp skin, and leave on for 10-15 mins.
mix equal parts powder and greek yogurt. apply to damp skin, and leave on for 10-15 mins.
Girl. Brand New Day is THE microderma scrub + mask.
Brand New Day does double-duty as a scrub and a mask. The mask/scrub comes as a very fine powder (read: not paying for water.) . It's made from sweet pea flower which seems cute and will buff away that dull, bummed out skin and leaves a fresh glow.
The best part is that this product can be used for all different skin situations. When you're feeling dry it can be mixed with honey to hydrate. The powder can br mixed into your current facial cleanser to give it a little more uumph. Some favorite combinations are listed above, but the possibilities are limitless.
Want to exfoliate all that dull, dry skin away?
Put a dime size amount of powder into your palm and add only a small amount of warm water to blend into a nice creamy paste. Massage onto your damp face using circular motions and rinse it off to reveal smoooooooth skin! Have a fresh glow? Mix less powder for a gentle cleanse. See? This stuff is the best!
Have fun masking!
-The Glow Team
You know that glow we all admire? The look of fresh, dewy, bright skin sans makeup?
That glow comes from within. It is achieved and maintained by drinking lots of water, eating a clean diet full of skin nourishing food, and using natural/organic skincare. The following smoothie recipe is a staple for the #eatsleepglow squad. It's easy to make and perfect for the girl on the go.
This recipe is full of nourishing Ingredients to brighten and hydrate your skin:
Hello Glow Skin Food Smoothie
- 2 large kale leaves (stems removed)
-1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
-1/4 cup frozen blueberris
- 2 Tbsp chia or flax seeds
-1 date (pitted)
-1/2 avocado flesh
-1 serving protein powder (we LOVE Moon Juice Blue Beauty Adaptogenic protein)
Gather all ingredients
Add all ingredients to blender, minus avocado and protein powder, and blend
Once thoroughly blended, add avocado and protein powder
Pulse until smooth and well combined.
Add more coconut water to thin if desired.
Pour and ENJOY!
We are committed to providing the best experience while delivering a flawless result, but tanning prep and post care make a huge difference in getting the longest lasting spray tan. Here's how to prepare for your spray tan for the most natural looking results!
1. Exfoliate thoroughly Your tan will look best on clean, residue free skin. The coveted Dermasuri Exfoliating Mitts will help loosen and remove dead skin cells, revealing a fresh, even layer of skin to apply color to. Taking a bath the evening prior to your tan is recommended, a relaxing soak will aid in removal of skin cells and makes shaving easier, too. In a rush? No worries, an organic shower gel and a loofah all over is an effective way to prepare. Dermasuri Mitts are available in store and are what we recommend for removing any lingering spray tan color from prior session.
2. Shave the night before with a new razor. We love Cocovit's coconut Shave Balm.
3. Avoid applying any lotions or liquid-based solutions to your skin after showering before your appointment. That will create a barrier between the skin and make it more difficult for the tan to sink in. This includes in-shower lotions and creamy shower gels like Olay and Dove.
4. Make sure to get any wax, hair, & nail appointments in before your spray tan appointment. Opt for organic or spray-tan friendly products prior to the tan to ensure your skin is clean before tanning.
5. Plan to stay dry while the tan develops, and pack dark, loose-fitting clothes & flip flops or slippers to wear home from your session. For more info on what to wear to your spray tan, you can check out this post.
All ready for your tan? So are we! You can book your next session here!
The Glow Lounge