What is 'Heated Airbrush Tanning' and how does it work?
Heated Airbrush Tanning is the latest breakthrough in sunless tanning technology. The heated application process is applied two ways. First by preparing your skin and keeping it dry with a gentle flow of warm air and by infusing heat directly into the tanning spray. Second creating an airbrush application that you can barely feel while it is applied. Once the tanning solution is applied, the active ingredients in our eco-certified organic solution start working with the amino acids in your skin's outermost layer to create the custom color that you desire.
Will my airbrush tan look orange or streaky?
No way! Orange and streaky are a thing of the past! All tans at The Glow Lounge are applied by trained technicians, ensuring you will receive the depth of color you desire and the most natural looking, head turning results for your individual skin type and tone.
How long should my Glow Lounge airbrush tan last?
The life of your sunless color can last up to 8 days, depending on the type and the amount of solution applied, as well as your pre and post application skincare routine.
1-2 days prior to your appointment:
Shave and/or wax.
The day of your appointment:
- Shower & exfoliate
- Refrain from using moisturizers, lotions, oils or deodorant. They may create a barrier on your skin.
- Clean, dry skin is best!
- Bring or wear dark loose-fitting clothes to put on after your appointment.
What should I wear during my airbrush tanning appointment?
The attire for women is whatever they are comfortable with. The cosmetic bronzers are water-soluble and should wash out, but the DHA in the tanning formula may permanently stain fabrics. Disposable undergarments are provided. The attire for men is boxers, briefs, swim trunks or shorts. Your Glow Lounge airbrush technician will always use the utmost discretion.
What can I wear after my airbrush tanning session?
We recommend wearing dark, loose fitting clothing.
How should I take care of my airbrush tan?
- Wait at least 10-12 hours (5-6 hours with our express tan) before showering or bathing.
- It is not recommended to participate in any activities that may cause you to perspire excessively before your first shower.
- After each shower it is recommended to use an approved Daily Moisturizer which contains active ingredients to prolong the life and depth of your tan.
- Overexposure to highly chlorinated water such as pools or hot tubs, for extended periods, is not recommended.
- No waxing. This will peel the tan right off your skin.
- Use gentle, creamy or gel body wash
- Don’t exfoliate until the tan has mostly faded away
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize!
- Avoid baby oil/mineral oil and Dove bath products. They don’t play nice with your gorgeous glow. Check your lotion’s ingredients list to make sure mineral oil is not listed.
- If you must shave, use a fresh razor and use a light touch.