What is 'Heated Airbrush Tanning' and how does it work?
Heated Airbrush Tanning is the latest breakthrough in sunless tanning technology. The heated application process is applied two ways. First by preparing your skin and keeping it dry with a gentle flow of warm air and by infusing heat directly into the tanning spray. Second creating an airbrush application that you can barely feel while it is applied. Once the tanning solution is applied, the active ingredients in our eco-certified organic solution start working with the amino acids in your skin's outermost layer to create the custom color that you desire.
Can I tan over a sunburn?
It is not a good idea to get an airbrush tan on burned skin. If your skin peels you will end up having patchy, uneven results. While our solution does contain aloe, it's best to apply pure aloe vera gel to your skin and let it heal completely before receiving an airbrush tan.
How long should my Glow Lounge airbrush tan last?
The life of your sunless color can last up to 8 days, depending on the type and the amount of solution applied, as well as your pre and post application skincare routine. Your technician will educate you as to what products to use and avoid to prolong the life of your tan.
1-2 days prior to your appointment:
Shave and/or wax.
The day of your appointment:
- Take a warm water shower
- Refrain from using moisturizers, lotions, oils or deodorant. They may create a barrier on your skin.
- Clean, dry skin is best!
- Bring or wear dark loose-fitting clothes to put on after your appointment.
- If there's a chance of rain please bring an umbrella, closed-toed shoes, and long pants/sleeve to protect your skin from rain + puddles.
What should I wear during my airbrush tanning appointment?
The attire for women is whatever they are comfortable with. The cosmetic bronzers are water-soluble and should wash out, but the DHA in the tanning formula may permanently stain fabrics. Disposable undergarments are provided. The attire for men is boxers, briefs, swim trunks or shorts. Your Glow Lounge airbrush technician will always use the utmost discretion.
What can I wear after my airbrush tanning session?
We recommend wearing dark, loose fitting clothing.
How should I take care of my airbrush tan?
- Wait at least 10-12 hours (5-6 hours with our express tan) before showering or bathing.
- It is not recommended to participate in any activities that may cause you to perspire excessively before your first shower.
- After each shower it is recommended to use an approved Daily Moisturizer which contains active ingredients to prolong the life and depth of your tan.
- Overexposure to highly chlorinated water such as pools or hot tubs, for extended periods, is not recommended.
- No waxing. This will peel the tan right off your skin.
- Use gentle, all-nautral or organic body wash
- Don’t exfoliate until the tan has mostly faded away
- Moisturize. Moisturize. Moisturize!
- Avoid baby oil/mineral oil, petroleum, petrolatum, liquid paraffin & parabens. Avoid Dove bath products. These ingredients/products don’t play nice with your gorgeous glow. Check your product's ingredients list to make sure they're free of these ingredients.
- If you must shave, use a fresh razor and use a light touch.
- If you have or have recently had a sunburn you should not get a spray tan until your skin has healed. If your skin peels while you have a spray tan you will have patchy, uneven results.